Skip to main content

Support Staff

Within hours of finishing my blog Monday, I received a text from one of my friends. I had just blogged about how important friends in your life are, but it is just as important, or maybe even more important that you are a friend. I was thinking of the academy awards  and how you always see the Oscars for best actor and best actress, but you also see the ones for best supporting actors. The ones who are playing second fiddle to the main star but making the story amazing. One of my favorites was Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln. I loved his character and though the movie was not about Thaddeus Stevens, his portrayal made me want to learn more about the character.

There are times when our main goal is to be that supporting role in real life. I feel like most of this week, that has been my main reason for existing, to be support to friends and then to family members who were going through some pretty scary times.

There are times you know exactly what to do when put in this position, and then there are times you don't have a clue. You are afraid every word you say might be the wrong one. But I have discovered over the years that they won't remember what was said, even when you are awkwardly trying to comfort, they will remember you were there.

I still have Job on the brain from my past few week's Bible journey, Job's friends made an appointment to come and comfort him, not sure they got that job done but at least they were there.  I think more of Ruth and Naomi though.

Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”


Ruth was so faithful to Naomi, and did not want to leave her along. Naomi was left with no immediate family, Ruth had other family she could go back to, but chose to stay with Naomi. That is a true example of being a friend.

So today I am leaving you with Point of Grace's Circle of Friends. It is wonderful to have friends to be with you and lift you up, but always work on being that friend right back.


Happy Saturday!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...