Skip to main content

Because He Lives

This has been one of those weeks where I have met myself coming. Today is my decompress day, and though I had a million things on my list to get done today, I have taken the rare opportunity to mark some things for later and go on. And I can....The Bible tells me so:


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28.

When I am sitting in my quiet time and being diverted from my real purpose of being there by all this stuff I have to do, I truly hear Him whisper, "What you do for Me today is more important than any of that stuff", and similar to what I tell my own Sunday School student, "I would rather you be a happy, rested, Christian, with a house that isn't perfect, than a grumpy Christian who is tired, but has a clean house." Some things are being put by the wayside....

It has been a crazy week and one of those marked up to "I can't believe I get to do this job". Tuesday, I and a cohort took the train to Chicago to go to a meeting in Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower). Wednesday I went to a Homeless Summit. Thursday, I took my mom to the doctor, then went to another office to work on computers;  and yesterday, she and I went  grocery shopping. It has been a busy week, and today I am home. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, so I do have some preparing and practicing to do for that. And yes, my dishes will still get done, as well as the laundry, but I'm not digging into deep cleaning the bathrooms as was originally the plan.

I am trying to plan music for tomorrow's services and all week Because He Lives has been running through my mind. It is apparently my Easter them song this year, but that song holds so much truth.

 In Mark 16:6, we read, " Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.

Do you ever read a book and then go see the movie of the same book? I have a very hard time doing this, as that movie in my head is almost always better than someone else produced. So, when I think about the fact that Jesus hung on a cross, and suffered the death He did, I imagine what must have been going through his mind. I wonder as Jesus hung on the cross, what He saw when He saw me? I realize in such deep wonderment, that everything that was in my future was scrolling before Him, as it was with all of His other children. That, my friend, is humbling. It is even more humbling when I can hear that whisper of Him saying, "You were worth it".

Through our lives, we hit snags where it feels like nothing is going right, we get in those pits where we feel nobody values us, or that we have made too many mistakes and wrong turns, and that we can't do anything right.

He is still whispering, "You were worth it".

He did this so you could have this life, make those mistakes, have those feelings, and then turn to Him, and say, "I need some rest", and He will give you perfect rest.

John 14:19 says:
     "Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live."

Because I live, you also will live. 

Because He Lives.

I wish all of you the happiest of days, hopefully in deep realization of what Christ really did for you, and me, that day He suffered death on the cross.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...