Skip to main content

Merry CHRISTmas!

Not going to lie, when I realized it was snowing, I was downright giddy! I have even stated I would compromise, as it is such a busy travel weekend-- I am happy with a little on the grass, and some flakes in the sky.

It seems like a lot of our friends are celebrating Christmas today, including us, as far as with the rest of our family. I kinda love when Christmas is on the weekends, I love spending time with my family, but when it coincides with being in church, worshiping Him, it just feels very right. (By the way, we are having our Christmas Eve service at 6 tomorrow night, some of you with kids, I know this makes it easier for some-please join us!)

We are also coming to the close of our year, and I have been reflecting-- it has been a busy year, but I believe the good outweighed the bad this year in our house. I am hurting for my friends who can't say the same.

I want to set all of that aside for just a few minutes and really focus on Christmas. Almost 2000 years ago, in a lowly barn, surrounded by animals, a tiny baby was brought into the world. Very few people knew at the time that this was truly the Savior of the world. 33 years later, He would suffer and die on a cross, so that you and I could have eternal life. Nothing complicated here, God offering a very simple gift but the most special gift of all time. I personally can't understand why people have to add to it, or not believe it, it just is.

One of my favorite (read: overused) statements lately has been, "It is what it is." Folks, God's Love is what it is. It is perfect, it is always, it is real. And all you have to do is accept it. Battles are all changed when you truly do that. And yes, I truly believe that. I don't have my head in the sand, I am not dodging reality. I KNOW. I know that my best day here on earth will pale in comparison to any day in Heaven. I know that no matter what I suffer here, I won't suffer there. I know that my life is not all peaches and cream here, but because I know the end of my story, it will be okay. (and yes, I am still working on the post that is all about this).

Plain and simple- John 3:16 "For God so LOVED the WORLD, that He GAVE His only son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him, should not perish, but have EVERLASTING life."

No if's and's, or but's. This is it. It is all you need.

As you celebrate Christmas, I hope you take time to really appreciate the fact that Christ came to earth because you were going to be right here, right now.  Let that soak in. Please also remember that when He died on the cross, He promised a comforter. When you accept Christ as your Savior, that comforter is there, you can choose to ignore Him, or you can embrace Him. God put Him there for you.

I leave you with Sandi Patty's Someday. A friend of mine use to sing this, and it always made baby Jesus so real to me.  (Thanks Cherilea for reminding me of the name!)

Merry CHRISTmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...