Skip to main content

The Journey Part 2

 Good morning everyone! 

    Sorry I missed last week, We had been in Vegas for a conference and our ETA of 7:30 pm to get home turned into 11:15 pm for me. Since I had been gone Valentine's Day, Andrew and I ran away from home for a bit last Saturday, so the blog went by the wayside.

This is the week to continue my weight loss journey. I am to the point where I have slowed down losing. I knew it would get there, in fact, everyone, even my doctor, is surprised I haven't hit a stall. I have lost 6 lbs in the last month, bringing my total to a little over 140 lbs. I am STILL chasing the elusive Onederland, but I am 3.1 lbs from it, so hopefully within the next 2 weeks. I also travelled a lot last month, and even though I walked an unreal amount (17 miles in a 24 hour period week before last) and really didn't do bad at eating, travelling still makes it hard. So, I am giving myself grace because I know I am still eating right for the most part and still working out and it will come off.

The first post was about my teenage years. After high school, I started working and honesty, maintained the 150 lbs for quite a while, I got up to 180 once but turned around and got it back down to 150. I worked jobs that I was on my feet all day, first at the Dairy Queen, then Richard's Farm Restaurant, then while at the Farm, I added Richard's Refinery and was working a minimum of 12 hour days every day while I did that, I went back to the Dairy Queen for a bit and then finally to Walmart. I pretty well maintained my weight but told myself since I spent so many hours on my feet, I didn't need to exercise. While at Walmart, I switched jobs from being a sales associate to Loss Prevention. I caught shoplifters. I loved it but I wasn't very strong, which played out in a bad way the day that we had a heavy set lady stealing video tapes. I got beat up, pretty bad actually. ended up in the ER. That day, I decided the being on my feet wasn't enough and started exercising. This was my first stint in running and I got to where I could run a mile, I also dropped a few pounds and then Andrew and I started dating, got married and I got pregnant.

When I got pregnant, I gained 10 lbs almost immediately, nobody could understand it. 3 weeks into my pregnancy, I lost a baby. A lot of people doesn't know Robert was a twin. I had never heard, until then, that you could lose a twin that early in pregnancy and keep the other one. Then, to top it off, they didn't tell me I had actually miscarried. The just said that my baby was still there and I would need to go on bedrest so I didn't lose it. That is a whole other blog post for someday. So, here I was, home alone because Andrew was on the road remodeling Walmart stores, and I could be up 10 minutes for every 20 minutes I laid down. I gained weight, a lot of weight. 68 lbs to be exact. The day I went to the hospital, I weighed 218 lbs. The day I came home, I weighted 209. I started working on getting it off and nothing seemed to work. We lived in Hanover Pennsylvania at the time and I would tell my doctor things didn't feel right and she would tell me I was homesick and probably had a little postpartum depression. So  I settled into this is how life was and me and my 209 lb body tried to be friends. I wasn't depressed, seriously. I loved Robert and was extremely excited by every day with him and Andrew and that is just not part of the post partum depression. We had a pediatrician seperate from my doctor, so after my six week visit after Robert was born, I didn't go to the doctor anymore. We actually didn't even have a family doctor out there, just the OB/GYN.  I wish I would have had a bigger voice to have them do some more checking on me. 

More to come next month.

I want to remind you that our bodies are amazing things. God is incredible when you think about all the things he made happen. All our organs working together, how neat our fingernails and toenails are (and since we were talking about babies, aren't baby toenails and fingernails just amazing?)

Remember for this week that Psalm 139:14 says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Just the fact that God can create us to support another life inside of us, and produce a miracle and it happens everyday, that is amazing to me.

And, just because it seems like life is a little crazier than normal and I have my state monitoring visit coming up this week, I am leaving you with my theme song, and actually my word for 2024. 

I picked this word because I want to be stronger not only mentally, but physically. Last year my word was transform. I think I did that, ;-)

So, here is Ann Wilson's Strong because I do know who makes me strong.

My favorite part is "Lord knows I've tried but I'm good at falling down, Thank God you're good at picking me up off the ground". Yep, story of my life, right there.

Have a great week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...