Skip to main content

The Ultimate Love

So, we are to the final days of February already. This week we are going to be reminded of the Greatest Love of All....God's love for us.


Ironically, as I was reading the "My Daily Bread" devotional yesterday, the scripture was from Isaiah 46. Verse 4 says: Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.


God is with us, he sustains us. That in itself shows his love for us but there are so many more things. Of course, the biggest one is the fact that He sent His Son to die for us. He sent His Son to die for ME. I was in a Bible study one time as the realization came to a friend of mine that if she and Jesus were the only 2 people on earth, he would have still went to the cross so she could live. It was a humbling experience for all of us. I think another very humbling experience was when Robert was born. I had been saved for many years but holding this tiny human being in my arms and realizing Christ's purpose for being born was to die for me. I couldn't imagine letting Robert die for anyone. I pondered that for some time. I truly think the dawning of what God did for me hit home that day. John 3:16 took on new meaning: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life. Try replacing God with yourself and his one and only Son with your child's name. Do you love anyone that much? I couldn't do it and I feel I am a very loving person.


God shows His love for us in so many ways. We know our earth is a corrupted place but we are still given a majestic beauty just in so much of our landscape; the mountains, the ocean, the stars above....beautiful sights that remind us of His awesome love and majesty.


I love this little meme that is running around the internet:  


 



I have seen God's love for us almost all the time in the last few years. I have had to learn to just trust Him when I can't see how things are going to work out. It is not always easy but that moment you truly turn your problems over to Him, it is breathtaking, the peace you feel.

It just so happens that there is a new song about God's Love out and I can't get enough of it. The son is called Your are Loved, by Stars Go Dim. I want to take a bit of time to explore the lyrics.


We hide pain in the weirdest places:
Broken souls with smiling faces
Fighting for surrender for now and the after.


Isn't this so true? I think, even though I feel my faith is stronger than ever, I have spent the last three years in a struggle. I try very hard not to be afraid of what is in front of me but there just seems to be a lot going on. And I have a really bad habit of giving it all the Jesus just to snatch it back, especially when I don't get an instant answer.


Just look around and you'll see that
people are scared to say how they really feel
we all need a little honesty.


I get caught in this trap and I have admitted it here on this blog before. I don't like to say it when I'm worried because that is admitting I don't trust God is big enough. And the stupid thing is, I really do KNOW that He IS big enough. My suggestion is to pray for your loved ones, even if they haven't said they are struggling.


The second verse of that song says:


We're not made to be superheroes
Photo shopped, all size zero.
We're a light not expected, but not quite perfected yet.
Look up see the sun is shining,
There's hope on a new horizon, calling you.


I love this verse!! I am going through this RIGHT now! I want to be a superhero. I want to get up, do a days work at home before I go to work, then go to work and change the world, come home, fix supper, do another day's work and go to bed. I also wouldn't mind being a size zero, though I remember one of my best friends in high school struggling with being too thin as I was struggling with being too fat--the worst part is I would love to weigh and look like I did in High School- we are NEVER happy with ourselves!  But the rest of that verse says we aren't quite perfected yet. God is still working here-it is OK to not be able to do it all-that is God's job, not mine. Today I am truly talking to me!


The chorus of this song says:


You are loved
If your hearts in a thousand pieces
If your lost and far from reason
Just look up, know you are loved.
When it feels like something's missing
If it hurts and you can find healing
just look up and know you are loved.


Haven't we all been there? Heart breaking, lost and feeling all alone?


God knows and He cares. He truly does love you and me. You can never get so far away, that he can't reach down and sooth the heartache. It is okay to just wait. Actually, I heard myself ask Him this morning for a little clearer guidance because I am apparently too stupid to figure out what He is saying. It wasn't 2 minutes after that when I felt such a peace that it brought me to tears and I could hear him say, "It is going to be okay, I promise." and when I asked, "How?" He said, "You let me worry about that, you just keep your eyes on me." It is not easy to do, but it is what we are told constantly. The verses that comes to mind is Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.






There is a little bridge in the song that says:


You don't have to prove yourself, don't try to be someone else.




God sent Jesus to prove us, He made us to be who He wanted us to be, isn't that the most important thing to remember?







I leave you with just a couple more verses to remind you how much He loves you.




Romans 8:39:  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.






NOTHING can separate God's children from His love.






And 1 John 3:1: Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.








We are set apart, we are His, and He LOVES us!




I have talked so much about the song from Stars Go Dim, here it is.


Enjoy, and remember, if God is for us, who can be against us? He loves us.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...