Skip to main content

What's in the Box?

Looking at the last couple week's blog posts, I decided I need a week of "lightening up". If anyone else has had the week I have had, you need some lightheartedness as well. I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I downloaded this feelings chart and realized I hadn't spent much time in the Happy column, but plenty of time in the other three. So, time for an attitude adjustment!
 
 
 

Last Saturday morning, Robert was helping me move some things in the basement, There was a stack of boxes that needed moved. He, as well as I, believed each one of them would be heavy. He picked up one particular box, expecting it to be hard to lift, and it almost flew out of his hands. We had a good laugh but when he opened the box, it was empty. He said, and I quote, "Unbelievable! There that box was, sitting there looking all important, and there was nothing in it!" I immediately said, "There's a good lesson in that for the blog". I didn't really know if I would be led to use it this week, but I am.

Do we know people like that? Look all important on the outside, but when you get down to thinking about the things that count, there is nothing there. What SHOULD be in our box? I naturally assume that the Fruit of the Spirit should be in there.

Galatians 5:22-23 says:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I know the world spends so much time looking at outward appearance as a sign of beauty, but I have seen some really well-put-together people who are ugly on the inside, and to me, it makes them ugly on the outside.

I have seen many, many people that I see so much beauty on the inside, that it radiates to the outside. I have so many beautiful friends, and that makes the world a better place. Especially when you aren't in that Happy column.

Some people like to surround themselves with beautiful things, and don't get me wrong, I like beautiful things too, God made so many things Himself that are just simply amazing, and then He created plenty of artistic people who can also make beautiful things but when you are going through trials, it is those beautiful people that I would rather have around.

I have gotten to experience  a lot of that this week too; love, concern, and prayer from friends who showed first hand they cared, that, my friend, makes life here on earth worth living.

So, today, as you go about your day, think about the ways God has shown you beauty this week, especially in your friends, family and acquaintances. Then think about ways you can be more beautiful to your friends, Those fruits of the Spirit are hard to show some days but the world is just a better place when we do.


I am leaving you with Jason Gray's "Glow in the Dark", something to Be-bop to this morning. Go have a Happy Saturday, and show the Fruit God has given you!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...