Skip to main content

Rejoice in the Lord

I know I have mentioned my Chronological Bible already several times. Last Week I finished Genesis, and this week I started Job. I have probably also mentioned before that Job was used as my discipline when I wanted to have a pity party for myself. I am remembering a lot of things about my teen years lately. If I were complaining about how God had made changes in our lives that I wasn't happy about, I would be sent to the living room with my Bible and told to read Job. Mom also let me have pity parties, but she put about a 10 minute time limit on it, seriously. At the end of the time, she would announce that the pity party was over, and she better not hear another word about it. I still set myself times to get over something and move on. That feels like it is pretty healthy.




This has been a crazy week but lots of really good, sweet, things happened. I think reading Job has magnified the good, and even though there has been lots of hectic, I don't think there has been lots of bad. I had one of my past AWANA girls contact me this week, about how to get her little girl into AWANA. That always makes my heart melt. It added even more when she said her brother's kids had started going the week before. Her brother was one of my AWANA kids too. That has really, really made my week.


One of my new year's resolutions was to be more organized, it has been my new year's resolution probably since the year I was born. I am an organized person, but a type-A organized person always thinks they could be more organized, and get more done. I bought a bullet journal and have been very faithful to use it. I am looking at January and realizing I have gotten a great deal done already this year.


Back to Job though. I read a passage this week that has stuck in my brain. It brought a song to my mind, and I have had that song stuck there for the last two days. I thought it only fitting to use the song today, so I went in search of it yesterday. And I found it. I also found the origin, which I didn't know.


First things first, the passage? Job 23:10--"But he knows the way that I take;
    when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold". The song? Rejoice in the Lord, by Ron Hamilton. I have known these two things went together since those high school years. We used to sing the song in Choir at church. What I didn't know is the story behind the song. Lots of people probably did, but I just found out the song was written by none other than Patch the Pirate.


So, I am leaving you with Ron Hamilton's testimony, he also mentions that a lot of the song came from Philippians and of course, it is chapter 4, verse 4, " Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! He also sings his song, so today, I am stopping here, stepping aside, and will let you listen to Ron's testimony and song.


Happy Saturday!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...