Skip to main content

Rest......... Maybe my Hardest Challenge

I have developed a cold, I have had it since Monday and it seems to be either not getting any better, or possibly, getting worse. I kept trudging along until yesterday when I went to the doctor. I had finally decided maybe it was something else, but no, it is a cold. The Rx= rest, fluids, and a humidifier. Not really what I wanted to hear. I wanted her to give me some great meds that would make me feel better so I could get back to work. Here it is, now Saturday morning, and I really have things that need done, both here at home and at my office. I was so disappointed that I didn't wake up feeling better, and that I seriously don't feel like moving, but that urge to get things done is strong.

We all know God rested on the 7th day from all of his creations. I received a Chronological Bible for Christmas and am enjoying it, but have revisited all of creation this week and yes, I will agree God rested......but, look at all He got done first!!! If I could list that I created the Heavens and Earth before I rested, then yeah, I might be more gung ho on sitting around and doing nothing. But I didn't, and obviously never will, so I want to tell myself to just keep working until I feel I have done enough to justify rest.

So, since I am stubborn, and God made me this way, I have to remind myself that He probably allowed me to have a cold so I would be forced to rest. This month is crazy for me, honestly crazier than December, and that sounds funny, but true. I have big praises though. This is the first January in 7 years that I have not had a battle with my UC. Four years ago, I landed in the hospital because of it, this year, no sign whatsoever. I am expecting, and praying, to hear the word, "Remission" on Wednesday when I see my doctor.

I pulled up some verses to remind myself that even though I am not getting everything done today that I am probably doing what God intends for me to do.

Matthew 11:28  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


Exodus 22:14 "The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

So today, I am taking God's gift of rest. I pray that when you feel the need to rest, you will see it as a gift as well. 

I am leaving you with Hillsong's Rest In You, it seemed pretty appropriate for the day.

Happy Saturday, and if you need to rest, please don't be stubborn, just take it as the gift it is.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...