Skip to main content

Being Bold

Good Morning!

    I trust you have all had a good week and are keeping warm on this chilly winter morning.  I heard the snowplow scraping our street at 1 and again at 4, so I was slightly disappointed to see that we had a mere dusting of snow on the ground this morning. So much for our winter storm, but of course, we got the cold temps. May be a good day to stay inside. I already have ham and beans in the crockpot and though I have a couple of errands to run, I am staying in as much as possible today.

Last Sunday night, we had a discussion at church about being bold.  I took it to heart and it has been a goal for this week. We were talking about the fact that we have some Christian young people in our community that are very bold in their beliefs and they are actually showing some of us that have been Christians for many years up. I was also fueled by one of the DJs on Sirius XM the Message. She was telling how, as a child, her mother was one of those people who would walk up to complete strangers and tell them about Jesus. Ashley Till told how this embarrassed her as a child, but now admires her mom for her confidence in Christ.

I decided this week to take babysteps in that direction. I am a firm believer that action speak at least as loud as words so I decided to start by making more eye contact and speaking first. I have been going to my gym faithfully since 2017. There are many of us that know each other without ever really speaking, but we will nod at each other as we pass and maybe a quick "good morning". I am a little hesitant about speaking to the newbies, and I decided this week, I would speak to everyone I encountered in the locker room as well as on the floor. I have succeeded. I haven't always gotten a reply back, but I do it anyway. It is a far cry from telling people about Jesus, but it is a start. 

Contrary to popular belief, when we are at the gym, I will tell you, nobody is really paying any attention to what anyone else is doing. I have never once been on the treadmill and looked down the row to try to figure out what someone was watching on tv, but I will tell you, if someone would ever do that to me, they will see I have two favorite treadmills. The ones that are directly in front of the screens for TV5. It is the History Channel, but from 5:30-6, when I am on the treadmill, it is a paid program by Doctor  David Jeremiah. I love watching and listening to his messages, it is an extra umph to my devotional, Bible Reading and prayer that I do on my way to the gym. 

So, I set my first goal as, "if I am still working up the courage to talk to people about Jesus, the least I can do is show them Jesus through my actions." 

I have also been trying to  be better about letting people know I am thinking about them.  As I see people struggling, I have put them on my prayer list. I have had a friend in the last few weeks make a couple of fb posts that made me think they were going through a storm. I started praying for them and when the opportunity arose, I told them I had been praying for them. They thanked me, let me know things really were alright, but I am still praying for them, I feel it is what I am supposed to do. 

That leads me to one little caveat. Don't tell someone you are going to pray for them unless you intend to do it. If I tell someone on facebook that I am praying for them, I stop right there and pray for them. Remember, God listens to everything you say, he doesn't wait for the "Hey God" cue, like you have to do with Alexa, he hears it all.  It doesn't have to be some elaborate long prayer, it takes literally seconds to ask God to be with them, protect them and help get them through this storm. 

So, today, as I am working on my journey to be that person that tells strangers about Jesus, I am leaving you with one of my favorite songs. I have probably shared it here before, but it is Anne Wilson's My Jesus. Watch the video, it is the story of how the song really came to be as Anne lost her older brother to a car wreak.

Happy Saturday and have a good week.

P.S. I have decided to one week a month focus on my weight loss journey since I had Gastric Sleeve surgery, next week is the week. See you then! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...