Skip to main content

My Periodontal Care Routine: 7 Products I Actually Use

 I’ve been dealing with periodontal care for many years, so taking care of my teeth and gums at home has become a pretty important part of my daily routine. I’ve tried a lot of different products over the years, but there are a handful that I continue to use because they work well for my routine.

I thought I’d put them all in one place in case you’re looking for ideas for your own dental-care routine.

Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase through one of my links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.

Of course, I’m not a dentist or periodontist. These are simply products I personally use. If you have periodontal disease or other dental concerns, talk with your dental professional about what is appropriate for you.

1. Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush

My Sonicare is the foundation of my daily routine. I prefer an electric toothbrush because it makes it easier for me to be consistent and thorough with my brushing.

Shop the Sonicare I use on Amazon

2. Sonicare-Compatible Replacement Brush Heads

If you use an electric toothbrush, replacement heads can get expensive. I like buying compatible replacement heads in a multipack so I always have fresh ones available when it's time to change mine.

See the replacement brush heads I buy

3. Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser

My Waterpik is another regular part of my dental-care routine. I use it to help clean around and between my teeth where regular brushing can't easily reach.

I especially like having a cordless model because it's easy to use and doesn't take up a lot of room.

See my Waterpik on Amazon

4. Pik Pocket Tips

These are a more specialized part of my routine. I use Pik Pocket tips with my Waterpik for targeted cleaning as part of my own periodontal-care routine.

If you have periodontal pockets or gum disease, I would definitely ask your dentist or periodontist whether this type of tip is appropriate for you and how they want you to use it.

See the tips I use

5. Crest Gum Detoxify Toothpaste

I've tried plenty of toothpastes over the years, and Crest Gum Detoxify is the one I've chosen to use as part of my regular brushing routine.

See Crest Gum Detoxify on Amazon

6. Interdental Brushes

These little brushes have become another useful tool in my routine. They're designed to get into spaces between teeth that can be difficult to reach with a regular toothbrush.

I buy them in a large 88-count package so I can keep plenty on hand.

See the interdental brushes I use

7. Oral-B Dental Floss

Even with my Waterpik and interdental brushes, traditional dental floss still has a place in my routine. Oral-B is the floss I use for cleaning between my teeth.

See the Oral-B floss I use

The Most Important Part of My Routine

After all these years, one thing I've learned is that buying the products is the easy part. Actually using them consistently is what matters.

My routine isn't necessarily going to be the right routine for everyone. But having the right tools readily available makes it much easier for me to stay consistent with taking care of my teeth and gums between professional cleanings.

If you're working on improving your own dental-care routine, I hope seeing what I use gives you a few ideas to discuss with your dentist or periodontist.

Save this post so you can come back to the list later!

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy Again

 Happy last Saturday of 2025. I am actually quite happy to see this year come to an end. I am a firm believer that every day is a new beginning but sometimes we need the gift of a new calendar starting and to be able to close the door on the past. This has been an incredibly rough year in so many areas. There are years that things may be rough at work, but not so much at home or with friends, and vice versa, this year, the hard times seem to be coming from every direction. Last night, I was visiting with Robert about having joy. He made the statement that I always seem to have joy and I hadn't really thought about it but I realized he was right. I am definitely not always happy, but joy is not happiness. I feel joy is that ultimate peace and contentment that can only be found through that strong, stable relationship in Jesus.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You make know to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy". I decided as this year ends and the new one b...

Money, Money, Money

 Good morning everyone, Happy Saturday. I hope everyone has had a good week. This has been another very hard week as we buried my friend and boss, Cathy Feltner. There have been some definite ups though as Robert got his first paycheck at his new job and I got to spend the day with my momma yesterday celebrating her 86th birthday and then today, my sister is coming and we are celebrating today too (which is actually Mom's birthday). We are digging into the last chapter of James today and again, I am amazed at how practical James is for our lives today even though the book was written very close to 2000 years ago (most scholars estimate it was written between 45-62 AD). So let's dig in! James 5: 1-6 Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.   2  Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags.   3  Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will ea...

My Jesus- The One Who Was and IS

 What a long week! It has been a good one though. We had our Christmas Revival at church and though I hate that I believe the cold whether kept many away, and I even had some work stuff that kept me away one night, I believe it better prepared our hearts for the celebration of Christ's birth. Today Andrew and I are celebrating our 34th Wedding anniversary, I joked around that yesterday we celebrated the 34th anniversary of being engaged. Yes, I was officially engaged for about 15 hours before we were married. We have big plans, we are heading to St. Louis today and then tomorrow morning, at 7:15, Andrew is going to cheer me on running the Hot Chocolate 5K. Then, we are planning on going to a church that I met the Pastor and his wife on a flight to Seattle. Life is definitely an adventure. Today, I wanted to continue my Christmas journey and I want to spend one more week in the Old Testament. We sing songs about Christ's birth being "foretold", I thought we would look ...