background

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Forgiveness

For the first time, I have asked a friend if I could share her story in my blog. Earlier in the week I was asking God what to write about and it was one of those weeks where nothing was coming. And then, everything blew up. Not in my life for a change, but in the life of this friend. I know the entire situation and my heart breaks for her.

1 Peter 4:10 says, "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."

 This particular friend has the gift of helping others. I love it when someone uses their talents so effortlessly that sometimes they themselves may not even realize what their talent is. Other see it though. I see it, but most importantly, God sees it.

My friend sees someone who needs taken care of and she is there. People know this, and they honestly ask her to help them out. Somehow they know they are going to be okay if she is taking care of them.

Recently though, someone took advantage of her generosity. And she is left hurt, and disappointed because she knows, as do many others, including myself that she was doing the best thing for all concerned. She is trying so hard to forgive the person who did this to her, and through all the hurt, you can tell, she genuinely still cares, and is worried about this person, even though she is, at the very same time, trying to find the way to forgive the things that have been said about her.

I am asking for prayers for her today to be able to find peace with the situation, which is the main thing SHE needs. I am also asking an unspoken request, God definitely knows and He knows the end result.

I know she knows God tells us to forgive, and I know she knows He has already forgiven each of us for more than we could even fathom doing to someone else but it is still hard. Ephesians 4:32 says, "And be ye kind, one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." I also understand how hard it is to forgive when someone doesn't even care that they have hurt you. There is a big difference between not knowing you did something to offend someone and knowing you did something and just not caring. We are in the case of the later.

The thing is, I think we come across things in our life that we believe we just can't forgive, but yet when we do, our life is better for it. There is a point when Renee says the song talks about setting a prisoner free, and the prisoner is you.


I am going to do something different this week. I want you to watch this video, it explains so much more than I ever could. This has had a profound effect on me and as much as I would love to put into eloquent words how to forgive somebody, this video just shows it so much better.



No matter what you are needing to forgive someone for, God can help you do the impossible.





No comments:

Post a Comment