background

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Support Staff

Within hours of finishing my blog Monday, I received a text from one of my friends. I had just blogged about how important friends in your life are, but it is just as important, or maybe even more important that you are a friend. I was thinking of the academy awards  and how you always see the Oscars for best actor and best actress, but you also see the ones for best supporting actors. The ones who are playing second fiddle to the main star but making the story amazing. One of my favorites was Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln. I loved his character and though the movie was not about Thaddeus Stevens, his portrayal made me want to learn more about the character.

There are times when our main goal is to be that supporting role in real life. I feel like most of this week, that has been my main reason for existing, to be support to friends and then to family members who were going through some pretty scary times.

There are times you know exactly what to do when put in this position, and then there are times you don't have a clue. You are afraid every word you say might be the wrong one. But I have discovered over the years that they won't remember what was said, even when you are awkwardly trying to comfort, they will remember you were there.

I still have Job on the brain from my past few week's Bible journey, Job's friends made an appointment to come and comfort him, not sure they got that job done but at least they were there.  I think more of Ruth and Naomi though.

Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”


Ruth was so faithful to Naomi, and did not want to leave her along. Naomi was left with no immediate family, Ruth had other family she could go back to, but chose to stay with Naomi. That is a true example of being a friend.

So today I am leaving you with Point of Grace's Circle of Friends. It is wonderful to have friends to be with you and lift you up, but always work on being that friend right back.


Happy Saturday!













No comments:

Post a Comment