background

Saturday, January 20, 2018

What do You Want?


Good morning everyone!

Happy Saturday!

My full intentions this morning was to post a little poem I learned about last week at our conference.

God said, no. So, I am what I feel like is pressed for time, but have to expound on this a little.

So, I am sitting in Houston last week, at the close of one of the best conferences I have been to in a long time, sitting with 4 of the best people I know, and thinking to myself, "Life is Good".

The last speaker of the conference was very motivational, and he shared this with us.



It was spring, but it was summer I wanted,
the warm days, and the great outdoors.
It was summer, but it was fall I wanted,
the colorful leaves, and the cool, dry air.
It was autumn, but it was winter I wanted,
the beautiful snow, and the joy of the holiday season.
I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted,
the freedom, and the respect.
I was twenty, but it was thirty I wanted,
to be mature, and sophisticated.
I was middle-aged, but it was thirty I wanted,
the youth, and the free spirit.
I was retired, but it was middle-age that I wanted,
the presence of mind, without limitations.
My life was over,
but I never got what I wanted.

I found this very interesting and realized I have been in these times before, and realized right now, I really am not. I started to ask myself what changed. I have realized through a course of events in the last few months, I am what has changed. And I like it. And I believe it is because I have started listening to God's voice louder than other people's. I have things going on in my life right now that I don't understand and for a long time, I have tried to find the answer to the question, "why". I told this to one of my friends one day, and she said, "why does it matter?" And it was a good point.

The week before we left for Houston, I went to buy groceries, I walked out of the house I had wanted since I was in high school,  got into the car I had wanted for several years and took off down the road. I was thinking about the upcoming trip, and wondering what we would learn. I am so excited about the state of our agency right now, and am very honored to be a part of our growth. I love the fact that we make differences not only in individual's lives but the whole community. I have a great family, great friends, and most of all, a Mighty God. It dawned on me that day, I'm living that life I always wanted. I told this to the same friend I mentioned above, and she told me just don't get comfortable, and she is right. I don't ever want to take any of it for granted, it can change in a heartbeat. And if it does, I know God has a plan, but most of all, I know He's got me. And I am going to thank Him daily for what He is giving me right now.

I only have one verse to go along with this.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

So, I am a strong believer that if you are not where you want to be, you and God need to start talking. I am not a "health and wealth" Christian, don't get me wrong. Bad things happen to good people, it's life, it is the result of a few thousand years of sin being in our world, but He's got this, and if you want to stop chasing what you want, and start living what you want, my advice is to start with Him.

Hope you all have a great week!

I am leaving you with Good, Good Father by Chris Tomlin. This song has been in my head as I have written this whole post. It is very fitting, and I am very thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment